Contributions to Our Board
- Joung has spent the majority of his career in the finance industry working with energy companies. Through his experiences in private equity and as an investment banker, Mr. Joung has gained a rare level of expertise with energy companies, the energy industry, and energy-related capital markets and M&A activity, which greatly enhances the business and strategy capabilities of the Board. He additionally has developed skills in the identification, assessment, and management of risk.
- During his time at Warburg Pincus, Mr. Joung was also responsible for the global coordination of the firm’s renewables activities, including wind, solar, biofuels, and grid storage, which have translated to valuable learnings for the Board as we continue to drive APA’s environmental initiatives forward.
- Joung is deeply passionate about our Company’s recruiting efforts and has specific expertise in diverse recruitment and development, which has been instrumental in the Board’s oversight of the Company’s workforce and D&I initiatives.
Additional Leadership Experience and Service
- Former Director, Targa Resources Partners/Targa Corporation
Warburg Pincus, 2005-2015
- Senior Advisor
Goldman Sachs, 1987-2004
- Head, Americas Natural Resources Group, Investment Banking Division
- Co-Head, Recruiting, Investment Banking Division
- Co-Head, Women’s and Diversity Recruitment and Development, Investment Banking Division