Age: 64 | Director Since: February 2021 | APA Committees: None | Other Public Company Boards: CRH plc
Contributions to Our Board
- Mr. McKay spent his entire career at a major international oil and gas company. His extensive experience and global perspective assist the Board in the assessment and management of risks faced by natural gas and oil companies.
- Mr. McKay’s deep level of industry expertise has been critical to the Board’s ability to oversee APA’s complex capital investment and portfolio-related initiatives, including safe and on-budget maintenance turnarounds, modernization efforts, advancement of exploration and appraisal programs, and streamlining of portfolio assets.
- His experience as Chair of our Board includes time spent working closely with the rest of the Board, the management team, and our stakeholders. In particular, he is heavily involved in APA’s shareholder engagement and ESG efforts.
BP p.l.c. (and Amoco prior to acquisition), 1980-2020
- Chief Transition Officer
- Deputy Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Executive, Worldwide Upstream Business
- Chair and President, BP America
- Executive Vice President
- Head of Strategy