Contributions to Our Board
- Lt. Gen. Hooper’s extensive experience with executive and analytical roles, foreign relations, cybersecurity, and international assignments, including service in Egypt, which is an area of significant operations for the Company, brings valuable perspectives that are critical to our Board’s ability to oversee our international portfolio development strategy.
- His service spanning more than four decades in the U.S. Army has translated to many valuable learnings for our Board, particularly in regard to risk management and critical decision making, as well as navigating the ongoing macroeconomic and geopolitical challenges that APA faces around the world.
- Lt. Gen. Hooper has vast management experience. In his role as the U.S. Department of Defense expert on security assistance funding and U.S. foreign military sales, he had oversight of 20,000 people globally and over $50 billion in annual weapons sales. This experience brings a valuable perspective on managerial oversight to our Board.
Additional Leadership Experience and Service
- Member, Council on Foreign Relations
- Nonresident Scholar, Atlantic Council; Harvard University Belfer Center
- Board of Directors, UL Inc.; Two Six Technologies; Loc Performance; National Bureau of Asian Research; General Dynamics
The Cohen Group, 2020-present
- Senior Counselor
U.S. Army, 1979-2020
- Director of the Defense Security Cooperation Agency
- Chief of the Office of Military Cooperation, U.S. Embassy, Cairo, Egypt
- Command and Staff Assignments, 25th Infantry and 82nd Airborne Divisions
- U.S. Defense Attaché to the People’s Republic of China
- Chief Strategist and Planner, U.S. Africa Command